Mimi Knoop is one of the most respected female skateboarders in the world. Since first turning pro in 2003, she has claimed 5 X Games medals in women’s vert & has cinched titles at some of the world’s most prestigious bowl contests.
Always pushing for progression, Mimi has been one of the most active women in skateboarding behind the scenes, as well. As an advocate and entrepreneur, she has been dedicated to growing the sport for the girls of the next generation by co-founding The Alliance in 2005, Hoopla Skateboards in 2008, and Women’s Skateboard Alliance (WSA) in 2015. Through The Alliance and ESPN, Mimi helped bring about prize purse parity for men and women at both summer and winter X Games in 2009. In conjunction with the Alliance, WSA acts as the premiere female skateboarding sport organizer in the world and provides consulting and marketing services to corporate sponsors and event organizers worldwide. WSA co-produced the first ever Women’s Contest at Street League in Fall 2015, along with the first ever X Games Oslo in Feb. 2016. WSA also helped facilitate and produce the first ever X Games Women’s Street qualifier held in May 2016 in partnership w/ Seattle based Skate Like a Girl.
Mimi co-founded Hoopla Skateboards alongside industry icons Cara-Beth Burnside and George Powell w/ the mission to encourage both girls’ participation and progression in skateboarding. She has been a key player in forming one of the best female skate teams in the world. Her talents extend beyond the board as well. Not only is she co-founder of Hoopla Skateboards, she designed all branding and collateral. Mimi also created the name and logo for the “Combi Pool Classic” contest which is held each year by Vans in Orange County, CA.
Mimi represents women’s skateboarding with passion and enthusiasm. She is a tremendous advocate and ambassador for young girls breaking into the skateboarding and action sports scene.
- May ’13- X Games Barcelona Women’s Park: 4th place
- Aug. ’12- Thrasher’s Chili Bowl: 1st place
- Nov. ’11- Vans Combi Pool Classic: 2nd place
- Aug ’11- Air Attack Vert: 1st place
- Nov. ’10- Vans Combi Pool Classic: 3rd place
- Oct. ’10 – Johnny Romano Rock the Cradle contest: 2nd place
- Aug ’10 – Thrasher’s Chili Bowl: 2nd place
- Aug ’10 – X Games Vert: 4th place
- June ’10 – Boston Dew Tour Vert: 2nd place
- October ’09 – Johnny Romano Rock the Cradle contest: 3rd place
- Aug. ’08- X Games Vert: 2nd Place women’s vert
- July ’08 Soul Bowl (hosted at the U.S. Open of Surfing): 1st Place
- May ’08- Protec Pool Party: 1st Place
- Aug. ’07- X Games Vert: 2nd Place women’s vert
- July ’07- Soul Bowl (hosted at the U.S. Open of Surfing): 1st Place
- May ’07- Protec Pool Party: 3rd Place